Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How You Can Help Our Kenyan Friends

Many of our friends in Kenya have been writing to us, sharing their stories about the how the post-election violence in Kenya is shaking their world. They have been uprooted from homes and normal supply channels have been cut. Please consider making a donation to one of several charities that are coming to the assistance of our Kenyan brothers and sisters:

The International Red Cross -- http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/htmlall/kenya
Episcopal Relief and Development -- http://www.er-d.org/
AMPATH's Kenyan Recovery Fund -- www.iukenya.org

Amani,
Otho

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In 2001 I visited Kenya for the first time. I was so taken a back by the connection I shared with so many children and families I encountered on my trip. A few years later I adopted 2 rescue dogs and named on Taba and the other Samu. They have been the light of my life for over 13 years. They're namesake represents all that is wonderful and hopeful in Kenya and abound and I just wanted to share my story with you. I wish all the best in your efforts!
Sincerely,
Michelle
sihg@aol.com